- Sec. 20.01. AUTHORIZED ACTIVITIES. The holder of a general class B wholesaler's permit may:
- (1) purchase and import malt and vinous liquors from brewers, wineries, rectifiers, and wine manufacturers and wine bottlers who are the holders of nonresident seller's permits or their agents who are holders of manufacturer's agent permits;
- (2) purchase malt and vinous liquors from holders of brewer's permits, holders of brewpub licenses, or other wholesalers in the state;
- (3) sell the malt and vinous liquors in the original containers in which they are received to retailers and wholesalers authorized to sell them in this state, including holders of local distributor's permits, mixed beverage permits, and daily temporary mixed beverage permits;
- (4) sell the malt and vinous liquors to qualified persons outside the state; and
- (5) sell ale and malt liquor to a holder of a private club registration permit.
Acts 1977, 65th Leg., p. 418, ch. 194, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1977.
Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 3 (S.B. 731
), Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2009.
Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 750 (S.B. 515
), Sec. 2, eff. June 14, 2013.
- Sec. 20.02. FEE. The annual state fee for a general class B wholesaler's permit is $300.
Acts 1977, 65th Leg., p. 418, ch. 194, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1977. Amended by Acts 1983, 68th Leg., p. 1344, ch. 278, Sec. 9, eff. Sept. 1, 1983.
- Sec. 20.03. ALE AND MALT LIQUOR FOR EXPORT. (a) In this section "ale or malt liquor for export" means ale or malt liquor a wholesaler holds for export to another state in which the wholesaler has been assigned a territory for the distribution and sale of the ale or malt liquor. The term includes ale and malt liquor that is illegal to sell in this state because of alcohol content, containers, packages, or labels.
- (b) The holder of a general class B wholesaler's permit who receives ale or malt liquor for export from the holder of a brewer's or nonresident brewer's permit may:
- (1) store the ale or malt liquor for export at the wholesaler's premises;
- (2) transport the ale or malt liquor for export outside the state in the wholesaler's own vehicles; or
- (3) deliver the ale or malt liquor for export to a common carrier for export and delivery outside the state.
- (c) The holder of a general class B wholesaler's permit is not liable for any state tax on the ale or malt liquor for export.
- (d) Section 101.67 does not apply to ale or malt liquor for export.
Added by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 489, Sec. 2, eff. Sept. 1, 2003.