- Sec. 152.001. TRAINING PROGRAM FOR HORSE OWNERS. (a) The Texas Agricultural Extension Service shall develop an ongoing training program for horse owners to promote the prevention of horse theft. The program must include information on visible, permanent identification of horses and other security measures to prevent horse theft.
- (b) A county office of the Texas Agricultural Extension Service periodically shall notify horse owners of the training program through public service announcements or other means.
Added by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 780, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1997. Renumbered from Agriculture Code Sec. 151.001 by Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 62, Sec. 19.01(1), eff. Sept. 1, 1999.
- Sec. 152.002. TRAINING PROGRAM FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES. (a) A state, county, or local law enforcement agency with responsibility for investigating horse thefts shall provide training for its employees likely to handle horse theft cases regarding:
- (1) state laws on horse theft;
- (2) resources available for investigating horse thefts;
- (3) communication about horse theft with other law enforcement agencies; and
- (4) identification of missing horses.
- (b) To facilitate greater communication between law enforcement agencies in horse theft cases, state, county, and local law enforcement agencies shall, to the greatest extent possible, use the Texas Crime Information Center (TCIC) and the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) in reporting and investigating horse thefts.
Added by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 780, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1997. Renumbered from Agriculture Code Sec. 151.002 by Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 62, Sec. 19.01(1), eff. Sept. 1, 1999.