- Sec. 128.001. COMPUTERIZED VOTING SYSTEM STANDARDS. (a) The secretary of state shall prescribe procedures to allow for the use of a computerized voting system. The procedures must provide for the use of a computerized voting system with:
- (1) multiple voting terminals for the input of vote selections on the ballot presented by a main computer; and
- (2) a main computer to coordinate ballot presentation, vote selection, ballot image storage, and result tabulation.
- (b) Notwithstanding Chapter 66, a system under this section may allow for the storage of processed ballot materials in an electronic form on the main computer.
- (c) The secretary of state may modify existing procedures as necessary to allow the use of a system authorized by this chapter.
Added by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 1349, Sec. 50, eff. Sept. 1, 1997.